Tuesday, August 26, 2008

America's Toughest Jobs

Last night I watched Thom Beers new series "America's Toughest Jobs." I had been waiting a few weeks to check out the series. The concept of taking a little bit of all of his hit shows and combining them into one show was what really appealed to me.

I had a hard time even watching the host that they picked (Josh Temple), who just appeared out of no where. I thought that they would have at least picked someone from one of the more popular Thom Beers series (Deadliest Catch or Ice Road Truckers) that was more of a known Blue Collar type that had some credibility.

The casting I thought was not as stellar. I am from Massachusetts and noticed that there were like 4 contestants from Boston...I thought that was kind of weird. I mean I know this is a heavy blue collar state, but find some other red necks to compete. There wasn't much going on in the drama/personality department either. I know that these contestants were every day people, but what about some backstory on the contestants, showing that they really are every day people? I just know that I would never want to be on a boat in the middle of the Bering Sea. I'd rather be in a posh hotel with room service...say in Dubai.


The elimination was lame. I don't think there was enough build up to even make the eliminating exciting. By the end of the show, I was typing on my computer and also talking on the phone. But I still think that Thom Beers has great concepts and great signature shows. Congrats.

No comments: