Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Working on 2009!


Ho hum, the year is finally ending!! Thank God! Why? Because, I am super excited about 2009. I had some amazing things happen in 2008, but let's just say I can't wait until January 2009. I finally got to do what I have always wanted to do and that was to take the year and pitch my own ideas. After being in production since 2003, all I really wanted was to use my creative mind to come up with show ideas. This is what I want my career to be. I want to be behind it all, in the mix to some degree but really the one who created the series.

All in all, I gained some of the most valuable experience ever with my pitches and my new and old connections. I got to go out to every major Network Executive with Comedian Christopher Titus and pitch our concept "The Devil's Workshop." I also got to pitch pretty much every development executive in town. My success rate wasn't bad either. I had six concepts and two of the six garnered options. One went all the way to NBC execs and one is still being negotiated for a deal (let's hope they renegotiate a better deal this time around). I was on the cover of Kiplinger's Personal Finance as well as featured in several major articles online and in magazines.

I am gearing up to hit the Hollywood streets again with my next six pitches. Of course Jose Canseco is one of them, Girl Powder, Eli Davidson, and two of my own ideas without a brand. I have a few meetings set up in 2009, including one with Jayson Dinsmore over at NBC. We are also waiting on one production company to decide on optioning a new one that we pitched out in November.

My instinct is that in January things will totally pop. I am looking forward to 2008 coming to a close and 2009 kicking off with a big bang! Thank you to every Network Executive, Development Executive and friends and family and most of all Chris Ryan at Oceanside Entertainment for supporting me in my career to sell a reality series. And while I have not officially sold one yet, I know I will -- I am soooooo close and am confident with the two options I still have out there, its going to happen. It has not been a year yet, but come March it will be...so thank you for the greatest 9 months ever.

No comments: