Thursday, July 10, 2008

Reality TV that Sucks

It still boggles my mind to think about how crap Reality TV ever gets on the air. Take for instance NBC's series "The Baby Borrowers." NBC could have made a "Dateline Special" about this topic instead of a Reality Series for the American Public. This series was originally slated to air during the writers strike and apparently aired in 2007 and is re-airing now. Why? My guess is the network felt compelled to air it because they knew that they wasted money even producing the series. Or maybe they felt that it was timely because of the teenagers in Massachusetts having a pact to get pregnant. I was bored after 5 minutes of watching. Sometimes I sit and wonder what were they thinking? This shit could have been a one hour documentary special. I have been out pitching and everyone I pitch tells me that I have great concepts. Well, I think that my "I Write The Songs" show is a brilliant idea. I have two major production companies considering a purchase. If networks buy crap like "The Baby Borrowers" they need to start reconsidering what they spend their money on. That kind of a show may fly in the midwest but everywhere else we don't want to watch that crap. I feel sorry for those kids and the parents who pimped their babies out for this social reality experiment.

No comments: