I am a daily reader of Daily Variety. When my good friend told me to take a look at the Hollywood Reporter for the Reality Power List, I couldn't wait to blog about it on my blog. I knew exactly who the #1 person in Hollywood was going to be, and was right! So read the pre-article taken from the Hollywood Reporter and I included the link so you too can go HU?!
"There are two kinds of people in Hollywood: Those who thumb their noses at so-called “reality” television and its over-the-top populism; and those who are concerned less with the demise of Western civilization and more with entertaining (and, yes, even enlightening) an audience. This list is about those latter people. With unscripted fare now dominating primetime and bringing new viewers to obscure cable networks, few are still arguing that reality TV is just a fad. Even with “American Idol’s” slight ratings slip this past season, Fox is the No. 1 network when it airs and No. 4 when it doesn’t. NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” and Fox’s “Hell’s Kitchen” reigned as the summer’s highest-rated series, and this month brings the return of juggernauts like ABC’s “Dancing With the Stars,” CBS’ “Survivor” and NBC’s “The Biggest Loser” — franchises that are far more reliable than almost anything in the scripted world. That means — brace yourself — the time has arrived for the producers and executives influencing the reality landscape to be spotlighted for what they are: some of the most powerful people in TV. The Hollywood Reporter stranded its editors in a conference room on a deserted island until they came up with the first-ever list of reality TV’s 50 most powerful forces. Consider us a panel of snarky judges evaluating each figure based on his influence over American unscripted television. Candidates escaped elimination based on the number of shows on the air, the ratings and influence of those shows, and the ability to get a new show made, with special deference given to the pioneers in this nascent genre. Foreign execs weren’t eligible, nor did we consider traditional talk shows or live events like sports or news. These are the people most responsible for reality TV’s dominance and those shepherding its bright future. Go ahead and thank them or blame them."
-- Intro by Randee Dawn
I am going to give you the top ten. Guess who is #1? Give Up? Well its the man Titus and I were set to pitch an amazing 6 times, but for reasons we will never know each time he cancelled & rescheduled at the last minute. We are still going back, its just a question of WHEN?!
1. Mike Darnell President of alternative entertainment, Fox Broadcasting
2. Cecile Frot-Coutaz CEO, FremantleMedia, North America (WHO?!!)
3. Craig Plestis Executive vp alternative programming, development and specials, NBC Entertainment (Biggest Loser fame)
4. Mark Burnett President, Mark Burnett Prods. (I've written about him, he's genuis and should be number 2)
5. David Goldberg President and CEO, Endemol Entertainment USA
6. Howard Owens Managing director, co-head of domestic television, head of digital, Reveille & Mark Koops Managing director, co-head of domestic television, Reveille (nice guy Koops)
7. Vicki Dummer and John Saade Senior vps alternative series, specials and late night, ABC Entertainment (Titus, Boyington, Foose and I pitched John)
8. Tony DiSanto Executive vp series, development and programming for MTV; head of programming for MTV2 (This guy deserves to be on the list working his way up from an intern!)
9. Simon Fuller Founder and CEO, 19 EntertainmentNigel LythgoePresident 19 Television; judge and executive producer, Fox's "So You Think You Can Dance"
10. Frances Berwick General manager, Bravo (A lady in her own right)
To read more go to: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/film/news/e3ia0dd3fad69143d6191e58aa095b67d1a?pn=2